QOD

This blog purely for my own amusement. I like to start the day with a quote, be it amusing, inspiration, or simply something that caught my fancy.

On occasion, I might also include some commentary on the day's crossword puzzle that is published in the Los Angeles Times.

Friday 9 December 2011

Friday, December 9, 2011

QOD: A stockbroker urged me to buy a stock that would triple its value every year. I told him, "At my age, I don't even buy green bananas." ~ Claude Pepper (né Claude Denson Pepper; Sept. 8, 1900 ~ May 30, 1898), United States Senator from Florida [So, okay, today's my birthday. I'm not as old as Claude Pepper was when he made this statement, but I thought it was appropriate for today. Only AARP thinks I really am a senior.]

2 comments:

crosswordgirl said...

Just read the write up and wanted to wish you a very happy birthday!!! Crosswordgirl

Hahtoolah said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Crosswordgirl.

Post a Comment