QOD: The respect of those you respect is worth more than the applause of the multitude. ~ Arnold Glasow.
Today's Theme: LA Confidential. Each of the theme clues inserts the letters "LA" into a common phrase to provide an interesting and funny twist.
16. Move From Crystal to Caesar's? = CHANGE OF PALACE. The common phrase is Change of Place. The Crystal Palace was built in London for the Great Exhibition of 1851. Caesar's Palace is in Las Vegas.
28. Antelope of Questionable Virtue? = LOOSE ELAND. The common phrase is Loose End.
33. "Another Rule, Sorry to Say"? = ALAS A RULE. The common phrase is As A Rule.
43. Greengrocer's Grab Bags? = SALAD SACKS. The common phrase is Sad Sacks. This was the clue that gave me the theme.
53. 1997 Kevin Spacey Film, and a Hint to This Puzzle's Theme = LA CONFIDENTIAL.